Thursday, March 14, 2013

Here are Brendans last 2 emails and some pictures he sent us.  hope you enjoy
 
Jene
 
Email 1
 
HANS????!!!! Did he get his call?
Too many things are happening in YSA. Man it's so quick when everyone gets their call till the time they leave, it's exciting.
 
It's nice that Vern says hi but - tell Vern if she wants to say something to me write it in a letter!
 
I can't believe dad wanted a jelly fish tank! He wants some of the weirdest things hahaha. But I bet he would have loved all the attention from the YSA when they sang happy birthday to him. Dad how is your Samoan going? haha
 
Too many weddings happening. Tell the people to slow down, Ysa is going to be empty when I get back haha.
 
Who are the people you had staying with you?? Man you seem to always have people there, just make sure there is always a room for me!
 
this week has been good. I did get a new companion Elder Lacanivalu (Lathanivalu) from Fiji. He finishes in October so he is and oldie in the mission, and he is 6 ft 6. We have been working hard this week to find more people to teach. we got 25 people to allow us to come back and teach them so hopefully some/most of them become investigators and members.
 
Mum, you can't get around mission rules! Everything has to go to the office first... It's like praying... When we pray we can only do it through Jesus Christ! Just like sending things, You can only do it through the office. We just have to be patient. (Jene - I got in trouble cause I was trying to send a parcel directly to Darwin!!)
 
Dad, I don't know if I told you already but i met some bulldog fans up here (his and Scott's AFL team). One of the ladies fathers is a fan and he tells me how they are going, Has it really been since last June that they won?
 
Elder Marsh was the man in the MTC and i knew someone would have been trained by someone i knew. (Jene - Scott saw the missionaries in Ashfield and one of them was in the MTC with Brendan and his trainer served in Penrith Ward).
 
Sorry for wishing you a happy 52nd birthday dad, i knew you would be 52 by the time i got home and that's the only thing i could remember haha
 
I love you all, and tell everyone I'm still waiting for letters
 
Elder Duffus

at the crocodile cruise

working hard

looking happy and healthy

with his trainer - Elder Vanisi


yes that is a frog on his head!!
 
Email 2


Mum and Dad!
 
This week has been good. Got 3 new investigators but they are all single sisters!! so we have to get members there so we can teach them. I am happy, Darwin is the best, I'm just waiting for dry season because everyone says it's so nice because it its humid and there is never a cloud in the sky.
 
The shot of the sunset is at a place called East point. Dad probably knows about east point. It's a historic place. I try and take heaps of photos but i never take my camera during the week only on Mondays but i get some good photos. I will try and send some more.

Mum, It had to be done! (Jene - sending the parcel to the mission home) i can wait, the first one still hasn't come so I'm thinking they sent it to Alice or something, what was in it? anything important?

Man YSA sounds like it's going crazy, everyone is getting involved!! how are they doing it? Just keep it going and make sure they don't fizzle out and let it get boring!
 
Does it feel like a year since you were in England?  the time has gone so wuickly and so many things have happened and changes that we have gone through.  If it has gone that quickly just think how quick it will be for me to come home - well quick for you, I dont want it to go quickly.

 Man i hope Jayden gets his call soon, It's so exciting that everyone is going.

TELL HANS I HATE HIM!!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO SPANISH SPEAKING.  Man that is soooooo exciting. Gets his address please so i can send him a letter! He was supposed to come to Adelaide mission hahaha. its alright is still have Jayden and JayJay. they can come here with me.
 
That's it from me ... Have a good week!
 
Love Elder Duffus

No comments:

Post a Comment