Saturday, March 2, 2013

Two more - Catch up continues


Email 3
Hi
only had 30 mins and i have to write to president first Im out of time for email i will write a letter

Love
Elder Duffus

Jene - Lol you have to love these types of emails don’t you!!

Letter from Elder Duffus
Hi Mum and Dad

Has Emily Pauna left yet?  if she has that was quick. Man it is so exciting to hear how many people are putting their papers in back home, keep it up and tell them to come to Adelaide haha.  The American missionaries were saying that the MTC (mission training centre) was packed before the age drop so we can't imagine how crowded it is now.
Dean is going to the Philippines as well, how many people are going there?? that’s so crazy.  tell him and Hans to write to me, man I miss those guys. it seems like everyone is leaving for their mission, its going to empty when I get home lol.

I told dad that some people here are saying that the next best time to go on a cruise would be January…………. 2015, when I get home!!  and really you are going to go to Hawaii without me???  and you are finally moving house - yay, I better have a bedroom!!
Just thinking about Tia and Robert, man I am so excited for them and what they are going through and planning for.  Hopefully Nathan and Matt are moving towards doing the same thing!!

I'm doing fine here in Darwin and the work is going well.  But sadly, both Elder Vanisi and I feel the he will be transferred this week back down south.  Elder Vanisi is the man!!  He played for Tonga in the under 20's in the world cup all around Europe.  He lives on Nuku'Alofa and went to the Liahona school.  He is the oldest of 6 kids, 2 sisters and 4 brothers and his little brother has just been called to serve in Guam and he has been on his mission now for 10 months.  And, yes mum I do know that Elder Akeripa is Lowlah and Ula's brother!!
Oh by the way, I killed a brown snake this week with a lawn mower, I was very proud of myself but it also scared me as I nearly stepped on it.  it was about a meter long!!

man writing is hard work, don’t expect too much of this (writing letters).  Dad, I don’t know how you did this for 2 years back in the black and white days!! but can you send me some stamps, envelopes and writing pads - they are expensive.
love you heaps and miss the family and everyone

Elder Duffus
Email 4

Hi Mum and Dad

I just got back from the airport, as it was transfers and I had to take the missionaries, including Elder Vanisi.

Man the mission has been crazy the last couple of days. With the transfers here... Every companionship here in Darwin got separated with 4 missionaries going down south and one moving to another area, I was one of the lucky ones to be staying.

I'm a little sad that Elder Vanisi has left but I'll get over it... and I will be getting a Fijian as a companion and he will be district leader. I dont remember talking to a Sister Simpson, and everyone asks if I know her and they describe her as the good looking sister, but I can't remember who she is! (Jene - I spoke with Sister Simpson last week who has just finished her mission and she served in Adelaide.  She was at the mission home the day Brendan arrived as she was preparing to finish her mission and come home.  She remembers talking to him or at least seeing him.)

Thats great news that Hannah (Arnold) got her mission call and is going to serve in Perth. I'm so excited to hear about Hans call, hopefully it will come before you email me this next week. Its so crazy that Ethan Neill and Daniel Sherriff are home already.  that went so quickly, well it seemed it did to me.

This is part of the email I sent to president this week and thought I would send it to you as well (so I don’t have to think about what else I have to write lol...

One of the core experiences with Heavenly Father this week would have to be an answers to my prayers. This week we had a few potentials investigators that we really wanted to catch up with and teach but the numbers they had given us was wrong and they didn't give us an address.

The main person was, Fidel, and he seemed really interested in the things we talked to him about and said to come back, But lately we have been getting some wrong addresses and numbers to contact people with. I prayed to be able to meet up with Fidel again and teach him and Heavenly Father answered that prayer. Elder Vanisi and I were riding And saw a young boy who waved at us so we went and talked to him and asked if his parents were home... And Fidel walked out the door. I was shocked and laughed a little because he was shocked to see us but he allowed us to teach a lesson and to get a return appointment. We have been back since and he said it makes him happy to read the words of God (The Book of Mormon). This was our main experience this week.

I haven't seen Debra Rogers yet but it was good that she saw us.  The area that she saw me isn't in my area as its in Nightcliff, but I'll keep an eye out for her.

Get Nathan to write to me, because he is the only one who hasn't yet!!!

Love you all

Elder Duffus

No comments:

Post a Comment